Sunday, February 23, 2014

So, the year is 2014! Here are a few things that I have neglected to post about! =^_^=  It's been almost 4's what I've been up to:

I did some crafty stuff with my home and fabrics, moved, more crafty stuff... but not much. (updated pics to come and details to come)
Lil Red and BB Wolf

Little Red AKA Super Girl! I ended up giving her to Cole.
Big Bad Wolf
Kim Lenz Embroidery
A Bride of Frankenstein doodle meant for embroidery.

Some Eastern flare in our old hot tub room.

Eli watching me clean up the hot tub room at our old house.
A softy that Eli and I made for Ruby's Monster B'day Party.

                                                                 My animals took over...

Darn beagle!

 Hachi-ko and her many toes.
Simo Fatty

Eli mimicking the face that Mochi makes.

Bonnie and Walter...What is he up to?


Sniff sniff

Regal Hachi

peppered cory

African cichlid. These guys are the jerks of the fish world, but very entertaining.

Mr Big Fins and his babies.

Lots of babies!
Leopard danio

Ozzy and Hachi-ko

Muffin Face

Overgrown aquarium


King Mochi with Cole

More to come =^_^=

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Drowned Geisha

  Goodness gracious! It's been a couple of weeks since I  posted last. It's okay though, because now I'm going to bombard you with progressing photos of the embroidery I've been working on! I *think* she's all done, but knowing me I'll probably go back and add even more later.  She ended up being  less creepy than I intended, and I added some creepiness by accident too! Her kimono is wrapped from left to right, which means she is diseased. I didn't realize this until a fellow Flickrian (it's a word, I just said it, so it's a word!) informed me, and my friend Ai confirmed that to be the case. I intended for her to be in the sea, but I don't think that's apparent yet. I will see what she looks like after I add the border.

She started with a little mouth and a nom. There are lines on the teeth here, and I may re-add them again.

My hope is that someday I can make my stitches look exactly as I draw them, but I have a tendency to make lots of changes as I go.

The color on this photo can out a little psychedelic.

Added some color with fabric ink.

Her hair ornament~ I made the flowers with colonial knots. I tried a French knot first, but I find the colonial easier. The leaves are made with bullion knots. I'm not sure what kind of stitch the tassels are, if there is a name for them at all. She has lines for her lids here, which I may add back.

Added a neck and kimono, and some more ink. The fabric ink can be tricky because the longer you leave it on, the darker it gets. The spots came out a bit darker than I wanted. I also started on flowers for the collar.

Finished flowers~ I used a fern stitch and more colonial and bullion knots. I think I'm going to end up outlining the suction cups in brown thread.

Little octopus~ I think I'm going to go back in and line the inside stitches with brown thread here too.

And here she is! All done (pretty much)!

I plan on adding some of this Heather Ross fabric for the border today.

Hopefully I'll have a true finished picture to post soon!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Betty Sue ~ Reworked

I gave this one a new face, and the monstery touch it needed. Hope you like it!