BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the drawing board...er, embroidery hoop.

Well, my dear Toshiro didn't turn out as great as I had hoped. I believe the problem was the size in which I tried to make him. The more detail I tried to add, the more detail was lost. His face was only about an inch tall, so every stitch made a huge impact.

Here's how he looked when I finally threw in the needle:

He was so tiny that I decided to turn him into a new pin back button for my cork board. Here he is with another fabric button I made for my friend, Kerri. She loved this material after she saw it on Driscall, so I thought I'd give her a bit she could wear.



Oh, and here's Driscall, the Precarious Pup.
 
Inspired by my favorite snack, Driscall's strawberries and my homemade whipped cream cheese, this lil guy was reworked several times before he looked exactly as I pictured him in my mind. The first time I finished him he looked like a deranged cartoon bunny! I had tried cat eyes from the doll making supplies at Hobby Lobby (my favorite place right now), but I prefer the old school buttons eyes. He also had thinner, pointier ears, and a flat nose. I really like the way he turned out. Hopefully someone else does to!


Patiently awaiting his forever home.<3


...Now I need to make a trip to my favorite place for a larger embroidery hoop. I  wont let you down again Mr. Mifune!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Ack! Loves it, yos! XD Esp: "Back to the drawing board..er, embroidery hoop!" :D Taking that pin EVERYWHERE!!

Cat Soup said...

Good! Just don't look at the back, it was my first attempt at using my button maker! lol

Danna said...

I found you from a post on mrxstitch.com

I am in love with Toshiro Mifune, so I think your embroidery of him is great.

And now I have another great Blog to read!

Thanks,
Danna