BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Little Red Riding Hood



For years now I have been increasingly fascinated by the tale of Little Red Riding Hood. I've loved the story since I was little, but this near obsession really took off after seeing Jin-Roh, one of my favorite Japanese animated films (another obsession of mine). The plot is a complex story about an elite soldier living in a city on the brink of anarchy. Jin-Roh is thick with symbolism paralleling the original tale of Little Red Riding Hood, Rotkappchen.  The art and depth of this film warrants it's own post, so I wont trail off too much about it here.


Maybe I fell in love with the fairy tale because of the anime, or maybe I fell in love with the anime because of the fairy tale, who knows? Either way it has inspired some crafty needlework. You wouldn't guess that my cute little creatures were born from such a dark tale. 

Here are a few of my Rotkappchen inspired softies.

Big Bad Wolf Lovey

 This one was a variation of the pattern by Nest Studio, "Polly".

Girly t-shirt (in my Etsy)
Ulf the Wolf. His new owner is the one who gave him his wonderful new name!

And finally, my newest softy, Little Red Herself! I'm keeping this one, but I'm making an even better one for my shop. I <3 her. 


I put lots of detail into this one. Even little panties! Haha


Each of these were made with my favorite kokka fabric. 

Such whimsy brings me joy.

2 comments:

Holly Hall said...

So cute!

Heather said...

all of these little creations are so amazing! Great work :)