BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cloth Diaper Obsession

Really, there are worse things to be addicted to. There are a lot of cheaper things to be addicted to as well....sigh. I just keep telling myself it's okay because; we need diapers, they're better for our environment, no nasty chemicals, they're easier on our finances, and the babies look so darn cute in them.
Everyone thinks they're so much work, but they're so easy! Diapers have come a long way since prefolds and pins.

Prefolds and Pins
(what our mamas used)
These are what people usually think of when they hear "cloth diaper". I've used them myself a few times, but they aren't my favorite (I'm simply not that good at pinning them).




Enchanted Dandelions



Diaper Pins
Primrose Design

Tiny Tush


Snappies


Fitted Diapers
I love fitteds. They're like prefolds for dumbies.


Heartland Dreams


Mutt


Covers

Both prefolds and fitteds require covers. Back in Mom's day it was all rubber pants, but (thankfully) now you can get PUL or Wool covers.

PUL (polyurethane laminate)
I have several of these. They come in tons of different prints.


Gen-Y

Wool
Or woolies as us cloth diaper mamas call them. I love woolies more than any of my other cloth diaper paraphernalia. They are natural, breathable, antibacterial, and altogether beautiful. You can get them in either longies or shorties (self explanatory).

Crankypants

Babyology

I could go on and on about my cloth diaper obsession...and I'm sure I will too.

4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

i love the selection of diaper pins, so cute, and your banner rocks!

Cat Soup said...

Thank you! The banner is a photo by
litlnemo on flickr.

Cat Soup said...

Well, it was anyway. :) I changed it again.

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Thanks for featuring my embellished prefolds!

I use prefolds on my little ones with a Snappi! Absolutely love them, and not hard at all once you get the hang of it. :)