BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Ever Changing Life





Each new day brings changes to my life. New heartaches, new hopes, new goals. I'm trying my best to stay positive. One of my favorite quotes says, " Learn from the past, live in the present, and plan for the future." I can not change the past, or the hearts and actions of others, but I can be the best version of myself.







The Hedge Monster
by Margo Fallis





There’s a monster in our hedges that comes out only at night.


I’ve seen it and can tell you it gives me an awful fright.


The leaves begin to rustle and the branches sway about


And then the worst thing happens, the hedge monster jumps right out.


Its toes are made of hawthorn and are long and bent and brown.


They’re thorny and have prickly leaves that hang and droop way down.


It’s legs and arms are holly with red berries in the fall


And the monster’s head is squished up branches of boxwood four feet tall.


It wanders through our garden and chases the snowy owls


And then into the chicken coop stealing feathers from the fowl.


When the moon is full and the shadows dance and swirl


The hedge monster’s appetite is for a little girl.


I stay in the house at night and never go outside


Because the hedge monster will get me, so in my bed I hide.



I'm not one to put stock into anything horoscopes say, but today's was strangely accurate.

Aquarius

Don't base your love on credit, or when you try to get you-know-who to pay up, the check could just come back marked insufficient funds. In other words, if someone has repeatedly proved untrustworthy and unreliable, why are you keeping them around in your life? Do you still secretly believe that somehow it's your fault that they can't be counted upon? What a load of hooey. You deserve better, and you know it.







1 comment:

Kate said...

I delt with someone untrustworthy in April. It got to the point with her that I had to call the cops to make her leave me alone...

I love the little poem. I've never heard that one before XD